We want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. To ensure that you will have a very pleasant experience at the Inn on the Green, we have established the following policies. Please take a few minutes to review these policies, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Room rates include a full bakery breakfast.Guests are invited to visit our lounge and enjoy daily snack, cookies, tea and coffee. Rates are quoted per night excluding tax (10%).
Prices may vary from outdated quotes on other websites, and only rates as published on the Inn’s website are guaranteed.Only one discount or promotion can be applied at a time.
A single night stay deposit will be charged to your credit card at the time of making your reservation. The balance will be charged to your card the day of your arrival.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card regardless of how the final payment will be made. We accept MC, Visa, and AmEx credit cards and Gift Certificates.
If you are redeeming an Inn on the Green gift certificate, the number must be provided at the time of making your reservation. In the event of a no-show or late cancellation, the gift certificate will be applied and any remaining balance charged to your card. Gift certificates expire one year from date of issue. Any balance left on the certificate is forfeited if not used by the expiration date and no refunds will be issued.
Whole house rentals must be paid in full 30 days in advance. Reservations for our premium weekends as listed below will also be charged to the credit card 30 days in advance of stay.
Folding cot beds are available only for some guestrooms for $15.00 per night. Please alert us on your reservation if you are in need of a folding cot.
Reservations with four or more rooms on the same date are considered group bookings with the following additional policies:
- A one month cancellation policy is required for multiple room booking. If cancellation does not occur within a 30 day notice each room reserved will be charged a cancellation fee at the rate of one nights stay.
- Incidental charges such as folding cots or pet fees must be paid by each group member prior to departure or the credit card used to secure payment will be used to settle any remaining charges.
- In order to improve the check in process, the Inn on the Green asks for the names and contact details of the guests at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- A single night deposit will be charged at time of booking.
- A 10% discount applies to group bookings that reserve all 12 rooms for the same dates and time.
- Requester will be responsible for payment of any unfilled rooms that were blocked and not released 30 days prior to booking.
Extended Stays- Salisbury Suite
For extended stays (More than three nights) we require a deposit of 20% on the total stay. If booking more than a 3 night stay a 25% discount to the daily rate will be applied. If booking more than a 7 night stay a 40% discount to the daily rate will be applied.
Our promise is to provide you with a fresh, clean room. Housekeeping services are scheduled based on the number of nights you will be staying with us.
- For stays eight nights or more: One “full service” housekeeping is provided each week. This will occur between the hours of 11:00 am and 1:00 pm on the eighth day of your stay. Additional full or refresh services are available as outlined below.
- For four nights to seven nights: Fresh towels and linens are available by requesting them from our innkeeper, as often as needed. Trash and recycling receptacles are located outside the entry door to the Salisbury Suite. It is the responsibility of the guest to empty their room’s trash if staying more than three nights.
Full Service (provided weekly) includes dusting, vacuuming, changing linens and towels, emptying trash, cleaning of bathroom and kitchen, and replenishing soap and toilet paper if needed.
Looking for a little more TLC? No problem! If you would like daily housekeeping, we can apply a $10 daily rate onto your room. Just make our innkeeper aware.
Check In/Check Out
Check-In is between 3:00 pm and 8:30 pm. Arrangements for late arrivals should be made in advance with the Innkeeper. Early arrivals without notice will not be accommodated. We strive to have everything as clean and tidy for each guest and need sufficient time to prepare rooms between stays. A $50 fee will be assessed on the final bill for urgency and extra housekeeping preparations related to unexpected arrivals. Please, no early drop-off of bags or in-room items unless prior arrangements are made.
Checkout time is at 11:00 a.m. If you need a late check out please coordinate this with our staff ahead of time. Guests are welcome to stay in our lounge area if they need to stay later then 11:00 am. A $50 fee will be applied for late check-outs.
Making a reservation at a bed and breakfast is not the same as making a hotel reservation. Due to our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. A last minute cancellation gives us little chance of re-booking a room. For this reason we uphold a strict cancellation policy:
- Guests are responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of their actual arrival or departure date.
- No-shows are responsible for full payment of their entire reservation.
- Should you cancel outside of 7 days prior to arrival, your deposit will be refunded, less a 10%/room/night Administration/Re-booking fee.
- Cancellations (including changes) made 7 days or less prior to your scheduled arrival forfeit the single night deposit and if the room is unable to be re-booked, the full reservation value will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of making the reservation. Any and all rescheduled reservations will require the full financial payment by the Guest, and the deposit is not transferable to another stay. There are no exceptions to this policy including sickness, family emergencies, or weather related issues.
Any damages, stolen items, or broken items occurring during the stay will be the full financial responsibility of the guest, including anyone traveling with the guest. Any special clean-up resulting in damages caused by the guests will be charged to the credit card. Charges may need to be applied after guest departure as deemed necessary by the Owner/Innkeeper. Robe replacement cost is $125 and towel replacement cost is $25.
Please report all spills and/or damages to the Innkeeper promptly.
The Inn on the Green does not hold a license to resell alcoholic beverages. Guests may bring their own, but for the safety and comfort of all of our guests, please drink responsibly. There are several establishments to purchase locally as well. For Special Events hard liquor is not permitted. Wine, Beer and Champagne only are permitted. The Inn on the Green and/or employees will not be held responsible for any incidents.
Smoking & Candle Burning
Due to the historic nature of our building, and for the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we do not allow smoking (of any sort), fireworks or incense/candle burning in any of our guest rooms or on any of the grounds of the Inn on the Green. Inn guests smoking in the house or on the grounds will be charged a minimum $200 fee and up, to return any room to a non-smoking status.
Guests and Pets at the Inn
We cater to the comfort, privacy and security of our guests. Guest visitors are only permitted on the property with prior Inn Keeper approval. If you would like to have any non-registered guests join you for breakfast there is an additional charge of $10 per person, and advance notice to the innkeeper is required.
We have one pet friendly room available which is our Salisbury Suite. At the Inn on the Green, we understand that your dog is just as much a part of the family as other members. We’re thrilled to offer a pet-friendly room and welcome dogs up to 75 pounds. A non refundable deposit of $50 per dog is required. In order to ensure that all of our visitors have an enjoyable stay, we ask that guests traveling with their four-legged friends review and sign our pet policy prior to check in. *Service animals are always welcome.
Please note that we have a “no tip” business model. We have chosen to pay our staff generous living wages. There is no tip obligation. However if you choose to leave a gratuity, 100% will be donated to local charitable endeavors. are subject